QUALIFICATION RULES 2020/21
The applicant is qualified on the basis of an entrance written exam in English which measures the basic knowledge of cognitive science and formal logic, as well as the ability of critical reading of scientific papers. It will be a multiple-choice test with one correct answer, based on the following readings:
- Bermudez, J. L. (2014). Cognitive science: an introduction to the science of the mind. Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Chpts 1.1. –3., pp. 5-55
- Chpt 3, pp. 59-81
- Chpts 4.1. –3., pp. 87-98
- Chpt 8, pp. 209-235
- Chpt 9, pp. 239-272
- Chpt 10, pp. 279-311
- Chpts 11.1. –3., 11.5, pp. 315-336, 343-346
- Chpts 12.2-12.6, pp. 361-395
- Chpt 13.1., 13.3, pp. 404-411, 420-429
- Dienes, Z. (2008). Understanding Psychology as a Science: An
Introduction to Scientific and Statistical Inference (chapter 3). Palgrave
- Knops, A., Thirion, B., Hubbard, E. M., Michel, V., & Dehaene, S. (2009). Recruitment of an area involved in eye movements during mental arithmetic. Science, 324(5934), 1583-1585.
- With Supporting online material: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/2505/cafdd37f56a0257ffa4a10d7fa5e65858a9c.pdf
- Metta, G., Natale, L., Nori, F., Sandini, G., Vernon, D., Fadiga, L., … & Bernardino, A. (2010). The iCub humanoid robot: An open-systems platform for research in cognitive development. Neural Networks, 23(8-9), 1125-1134.
- Partee, B. H., ter Meulen, A., Wall, R. E. (1990). Mathematical methods in linguistics. Dordrecht: Kluver Academic.
- Chpt 6, pp. 99-130
- Chpt 7.1. –4, 7.6 – 7.8, pp. 137-165, 170-175
A maximum of 35 applicants who achieve the best results from the exam – but not lower than 60% of the maximum score – will be qualified for the programme.
PRACTICAL INFO FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Welcome Point invites international students! The Welcome Point is the central information service for international students – both those who come to the UW for one semester exchange and to pursue the whole cycle of their studies. We cooperate closely with the Admissions Office, the International Relations Office, the Office for Student Affairs and other University units to provide you with relevant and up-to-date information in matters related to the University, student activities, and everyday life.
For more practical information visit the Welcome Point website >>