- Create an account in the IRK system
- Complete your personal data and attach the required documents;
- Select the chosen programme of study – Cognitive Science, full-time, second cycle
- Pay the application fee (100 PLN);
- Take part in the admission process (entrance exam);
- If you have been qualified, submit the required documents;
- You will receive the decision on admission to the programme.
Watch a video: http://rekrutacja.uw.edu.pl/en/multimedia/)
See a presentation: ADMISSIONS-2021.pdf
Admission rules for candidates with Polish and foreign diplomas
Candidates can apply for studies if they have a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, engineer’s degree or equivalent.
Admission procedure for candidates with foreign diplomas
The admissions criteria are the same as for candidates with Polish diplomas.
Checking the Candidates’ competences to undertake studies conducted in English language
Candidates are obliged to hold an accepted by the UW document confirming English language knowledge at least at B2 level.
Phase 1 of registration (through the IRK system): 7th of June, 2021, 00:00 – 5th of July, 2021, 23:59
Date of the exam: 12th of July, 2021; 11:00 AM (Warsaw time UTC +2 hours)
Announcement of results: 19th of July, 2021
Reception of documents:
- I round: 20th-22nd of July, 2021
- II round (in case of not fulfilling the limit during I round): 23rd, 26th of July, 2021
- III round (in case of not fulfilling the limit during II round): 27th-28th of July, 2021
- additional rounds will be announced in case of not fulfilling the limit
Phase 2 of registration (through the IRK system): 10th of August, 2021, 00:00 – 13th of September, 2021, 23:59
Date of the exam: 21st of September, 2021
Announcement of results: 24th of September, 2021
Reception of documents:
- I round: 27th-28th of September, 2021
- II round (in case of not fulfilling the limit during I round): 29th-30th of September, 2021
Limit of places:
32, including: 20 places in the 1st phase, for June-July recruitment and 12 places in the 2nd phase, for August-September recruitment.
Recruitment committee address
The programme is free for students from Poland, EU, EFTA and Swiss Confederation. For other students the tuition is 2600 EUR for each year.
QUALIFICATION RULES 2021/22
The applicant is qualified on the basis of an entrance written exam in English which measures the basic knowledge of cognitive science and formal logic, as well as the ability of critical reading of scientific papers. The exam will be held remotely via the Kampus e-learning platform. It will be a multiple-choice test with one correct answer, based on the following readings:
- Bermudez, J. L. (2014). Cognitive science: an introduction to the science of the mind. Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Chpts 1.1. –, pp. 5-55
- Chpt 3, pp. 59-81
- Chpt 4, pp. 87-111
- Chpt 5, pp. 113-137
- Chpt 8, pp. 209-235
- Chpt 9, pp. 239-272
- Chpt 10, pp. 279-311
- Chpts 11.1. –, 11.5, pp. 315-336, 343-346
- Chpts 12.2-12.6, pp. 361-395
- Chpt 13.1., 13.3, pp. 404-411, 420-429
- Dienes, Z. (2008). Understanding Psychology as a Science: An Introduction to Scientific and Statistical Inference (chapter 3). Palgrave.
- Edwards, K.S., Shin, M. (2017). Media multitasking and implicit learning. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics,79, 1535–1549. https://doi.org/10.3758/s13414-017-1319-4
- Nguyen, P. D., Hoffmann, M., Pattacini, U., Metta, G. (2019, August). Reaching development through visuo-proprioceptive-tactile integration on a humanoid robot-a deep learning approach. In 2019 Joint IEEE 9th International Conference on Development and Learning and Epigenetic Robotics (ICDL-EpiRob), Oslo, Norway, pp. 163-170. doi: 10.1109/DEVLRN.2019.8850681.
- Partee, B. H., ter Meulen, A., Wall, R. E. (1990). Mathematical methods in linguistics. Dordrecht: Kluver Academic.
- Chpt 1, pp. 3-26
- Chpt 2, pp. 27-37
- Chpt 3, pp. 39-53
- Chpt 6.1-6.4, pp. 97-112
- Chpt 7.1-7.2, pp. 135-145
- Sann, C., Streri, A. (2007). Perception of object shape and texture in human newborns: evidence from cross‐modal transfer tasks. Developmental science, 10(3), 399-410. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7687.2007.00593.x. PMID: 17444979.
Maximum number of points from the qualification exam: 100. Within the current admission limit applicants will be qualified on the basis of their exam score, which shall not be lower than 60%.
PRACTICAL INFO FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Welcome Point invites international students! The Welcome Point is the central information service for international students – both those who come to the UW for one semester exchange and to pursue the whole cycle of their studies. We cooperate closely with the Admissions Office, the International Relations Office, the Office for Student Affairs and other University units to provide you with relevant and up-to-date information in matters related to the University, student activities, and everyday life.